FoodSmart Living: FoodFit's partnership with the American Diabetes Association
The connection between food and health is a very strong one. For people with diabetes, it is particularly strong because food directly affects blood glucose. Medical advancements have been made in recent years to help people with diabetes choose the right foods to keep them healthy, but for many, it is still a challenge.
To make good food easy, enjoyable and fun, FoodFit and the American Diabetes Association (ADA) have teamed up to launch a terrific new email newsletter, Diabetes FoodSmart. Building on the success of my recent book Diabetes Fit Food, published by ADA, the bi-weekly Diabetes FoodSmart newsletter provides simple, seasonal guidance and recipes for making healthy and delicious food choices everyday.
a snippet of the newsletter
The newsletter is organized into three segments:
- Healthy Choices provides the nutrition low-down about why featured seasonal foods are healthy.
- Meals to Savor showcases the recipes of FoodFit's nationally-recognized chefs that meet the ADA nutrition guidelines.
- Live your Life provides special guidance from ADA for people with diabetes.
The poll, "top five," and other interactive elements makes the newsletter an entertaining resource. The delicious, chef-created recipes and menus can be enjoyed by the entire family, not just the person with diabetes. Working together with ADA, we have combined FoodFit's passion for healthy, delicious food with ADA's experience and expertise improving the lives of all people affected by diabetes. It is truly a win-win partnership.
As we kick off the fall season of living well, Diabetes FoodSmart highlights some scrumptious ideas for memorable meals. At Ellen's Healthy Table, I picked my top three recipes for you and your family to enjoy:
- Grilled Chicken Spinach Salad with Oranges, Walnuts and Sherry Vinaigrette
- Pan-Seared Halibut Steaks with Lemon Zest
- Roasted Pears and Grapes