- Banana with small glass of milk
- Small bowl of oatmeal or cereal with milk
- Small yogurt with granola sprinkled on top
- Half bagel or a few crackers with peanut butter, an ounce of cheese or a slice of turkey on top
- Sliced apple with 1 ounce of cheese
- One scrambled egg with toast
- Chamomile tea
Other ways to promote sleep, as suggested by shuteye.com, include:
- Using relaxation techniques (meditation, progressive relaxation, a warm bath).
- Unwind mentally (read or listen to soothing music).
- Stop worrying while in bed. Instead, make a list of problems and next steps for the next day prior to going to bed.
- Go to bed when you’re sleepy.
- Follow a schedule.
- Improve your sleep environment through adjusting temperature, blocking out noise and eliminating distractions such as TVs.
Getting enough sleep should be an integral element in your diet and exercise plan. Determining how to get enough shut eye is not only food for thought, but it’s a worthy goal to sleep on.