Aloe is an extract from the aloe plant that is used in many skincare products. Aloe poisoning occurs when someone swallows this substance. However, aloe is relatively nonpoisonous.
This is for information only and not for use in the treatment or management of an actual poison exposure. If you have an exposure, you should call your local emergency number (such as 911) or the National Poison Control Center at 1-800-222-1222.
Skin and sunburn treatments... Read more
In a recent New York Times article, a psychiatrist writes of the defensive, embarrassed or even angry reactions a physician can receive... Read more »
Several herbs, either taken alone or in combination, can prove helpful in treating mild insomnia. Valerian, one well-known remedy, is... Read more »
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is warning consumers not to purchase or consume Zimaxx, Libidus, Neophase, Nasutra, Vigor-25, Actra-Rx,... Read more »