• Alternative Names


    • Redness of foreskin or penis
    • Other rashes on the head of the penis
    • Foul-smelling discharge
    • Painful penis and foreskin

    Signs and tests

    Your dermatologist or urologist may be able to diagnosis the cause of your balanitis by examination alone. However, additional skin tests for viruses, fungi, or bacteria are often needed. Occasionally, a skin biopsy is required.