Fungal infection - groin; Infection - fungal - groin; Itching in the groin; Ringworm - groin; Tinea cruris; Tinea of the groin
- Keep the groin area clean and dry.
- Don't wear clothing that rubs and irritates the area. Avoid tight-fitting and rough-textured clothing.
- Wear loose-fitting underwear.
- Wash athletic supporters frequently.
- After bathing, apply antifungal or drying powders if you are susceptible to jock itch.
Andrews MD, Burns M. Common tinea infections in children. Am Fam Physician. 2008;77:1415-1420.