Testicular self-examination is an examination of the
How the test is performed
Perform this test during or after a shower. This way, the scrotal skin is warm and relaxed. It's best to do the test while standing.
- Gently feel your scrotal sac to locate a testicle.
- Hold the testicle with one hand while firmly but gently rolling the fingers of the other hand over the testicle to examine the entire surface.
- Repeat the procedure with the other testicle.
How to prepare for the test
How the test will feel
Why the test is performed
A testicular self-exam is done to check for
You should perform a testicular self-exam every month if you have or have had any of the following risk factors:
- Family history of testicular cancer
- Previous testicular tumor
- Are a teenager or young adult (to about 35 years old)