Chronic venous insufficiency
Take the following steps to help manage venous insufficiency:
- Use compression stockings to decrease chronic swelling.
- Avoid long periods of sitting or standing. Even moving your legs slightly will help the blood in your veins return to your heart.
- Care for wounds aggressively if any skin breakdown or infection occurs.
- Leg pain, often described as heavy or tired
- Skin ulcers or sores caused by poor blood flow in the veins
- Thickening and hardening of the skin on the legs and ankles (lipodermatosclerosis)
Calling your health care provider