I am 29 years old and celibate. I was referred to a urologist fo

Jay Motola Health Pro
  • I am 29 years old and celibate. I was referred to a urologist for mild pain in my left testicle I have sometimes. He checked me and after the sperm test said that I have Varicocele and should have surgical treatment. For assurance I met two other urologists and they said: “You do not have any problem in fertilizing after marriage and you do not have Varicocele”
    I wonder if you help to consult me. Do I have any problem or not? And what should I do for my premature Ejaculation? Is masturbation harmful for me? What is your opinion about using Fluoxetine 20m and Aphrodite herbal drop?

    Without an examination, I am unable to comment about the presence of absence of a varicocele. Varicocele are varicosities (dilated veins of the spermatic cord) that are the number one cause of correctable male infertility. A scrotal sonogram would be very helpful to confirm the presence or the absence of the varicocele.
    Add This Infographic to Your Website or Blog With This Code:

    Varicoceles are commonly associated with low sperm counts as well as a decrease in motility. The fact that 70% of the sperm have no motility is rather concerning. However, the 120M sperm count is a normal count.

    I recommend a repeat semen analysis after 3 days of abstinence which should be performed by a lab that specializes in infertility, rather than using the large national laboratories. I have found that the processing of specimens in these large labs can often be delayed, potentially leading to false motility readings.

    Important: We hope you find this general medical and health information useful, but this Q&A is meant to support not replace the professional medical advice you receive from your doctor. For all personal medical and health matters, including decisions about diagnoses, medications and other treatment options, you should always consult your doctor. See full Disclaimer.
Published On: October 10, 2006