Wednesday, October 22, 2014
Thursday, April 24, 2008 Brand, Community Member, asks

Q: Testicle pulls up into body cavity - constant discomfort in that area

No dysfunction has occurred but concerned about  this problem.  Local physician prescribed antibiotics and told me to come back if the discomfort did not go away.

Answer This
Answers (1)
Vicki M, Health Guide
4/25/08 12:54pm

Hi Brand,


The best thing for you to do is see a urologist. a urologist is a doctor that specializes int he urinary tract of males and females and the reproductive organs of males. While online resources are great for helping you ask all the right questions, nothing can take the place of your doctor's sound medical advice and care.


That being said, there are a couple of articles that might interest you here. I am not sure if any of these conditions apply to you, but it might be worth it for you to check into them. There is a condition called testicular torsion where the testicle gets twisted and becomes swollen and painful. There is also the possibility of a hernia where instead of your entrails poking through your scrotum, your testicles are go up. You can read more about hernias here in the symptoms database.


I hope this helps. Make sure you see a urologist and let us know how you are doing. Could be your experiences will help someone else who is having a similar issue.


Take care and stay in touch!


Vicki M

JDinKorea, Community Member
5/13/09 2:50pm

Actually Vickie... since you aren't a nurse or MD, exactly where do you get off giving your great and worthy advice on a Male health problem?


To quote your self:  "While online resources are great for helping you ask all the right questions, nothing can take the place of your doctor's sound medical advice"


Since you aren't qualified, dont try and sounD as if you are.


Brand,  unless you are feeling discomfort, don't worry about it.  Its fairly common and NOT dangerous. If you are feeling persistant discomfort, see a doctor.


Common sense.

Answer This

We hope you find this general health information helpful. Please note however, that this Q&A is meant to support not replace the professional medical advice you receive from your doctor. No information in the Answers above is intended to diagnose or treat any condition. The views expressed in the Answers above belong to the individuals who posted them and do not necessarily reflect the views of Remedy Health Media. Remedy Health Media does not review or edit content posted by our community members, but reserves the right to remove any material it deems inappropriate.

By Brand, Community Member— Last Modified: 02/21/14, First Published: 04/24/08