Friday, October 31, 2014
Thursday, September 04, 2008 Flavio, Community Member, asks

Q: Nitroglycerin

Hi, it's me again! I read somewhere that Nitroglycerin, a muscle relaxant, can sometimes enhance erection when rubbed on the penis. Is this true? What's the brand name of the product? Where can we buy it and how effective is it?


I thought Nitroglycerin was used in bombs Laughing

Answer This
Answers (1)
healthgal, Health Pro
9/10/08 12:02am

Hi again, flavio - Nitroglycerine is an arterial dilator , meaning it allows more blood to flow to an area.  However, any attempts t use nitropaste on the penis have only resulted in giving the undesireable side effect of a severe headache to your female partner, since she has more absorption systemically over the course of intercourse.  Stick with tried and true - good foreplay and attentive lover will make a woman much happier.

Answer This

We hope you find this general health information helpful. Please note however, that this Q&A is meant to support not replace the professional medical advice you receive from your doctor. No information in the Answers above is intended to diagnose or treat any condition. The views expressed in the Answers above belong to the individuals who posted them and do not necessarily reflect the views of Remedy Health Media. Remedy Health Media does not review or edit content posted by our community members, but reserves the right to remove any material it deems inappropriate.

By Flavio, Community Member— Last Modified: 06/16/12, First Published: 09/04/08