Getting in shape is a challenge for many people, especially men. And keeping your sex life in shape is just as important. Every man, whether they admit it or not, is interested in having the best erections possible. There are a few things you can do to make those goals a reality.
- Eat healthy – Yes, there is a connection between what you eat and how well you can achieve and maintain an erection. Eating carbohydrates, such as pasta and bread, and getting enough zinc will help in the production of testosterone, seminal fluid and sperm. Zinc can be found in such foods as beans, peas, liver and seafood. If you feel you are not getting enough zinc in your diet, consider taking a zinc supplement.
- Assume the position – The right position, that is. It is no secret that gravity plays an important part in the sexual equation, so when a man is on top it allows more blood flow to the penis, resulting in a harder and stronger erection.
- Limit smoking and alcohol use – Smoking damages the small arteries that feed blood to the penis, making it difficult at times to maintain an erection. Alcohol may make you feel sexier by lowering inhibitions, but it also reduces libido, causes erection problems, and often times impairs the ability to have an orgasm.
- Keep stress away – If you are overstressed, it can affect your ability to have (and keep) an erection. Stress can leave you feeling exhausted, worried, uptight and put a damper in your sex life. Find ways to manage the stress, and you will feel better.
- Start exercising – Yes, it is time to start exercising, but not only do you want to keep your abdomen in shape, you also want to learn how to do Kegel exercises as well. Kegels are a way to strengthen the muscles that connect the base of the penis with the tailbone. These muscles act to control the flow of fluids through the urethra, so by learning how to control them, you can delay ejaculation to heighten your orgasm. To learn how these muscles feel, try stopping the flow of urine the next time you urinate. These are the muscles you need to tighten, so to do Kegels, just squeeze the muscles, hold them for a few seconds, and then relax them. By contracting these muscles, you gradually build up their strength, and your pleasure.
- Be aware of any medications you are taking – When you are not looking, side effects from many medications, especially blood pressure meds, can affect your ability to achieve and maintain an erection. Consult with your doctor about any medication you are taking that might interfere with your sex life.
Remember: Good sexual health, including strong erections, should be the goal of every man.