Sunday, October 26, 2014
Thursday, February 26, 2009 shy, Community Member, asks

Q: on my vagina there are 2 bumps and i have a discharge. what does that mean?

ive had 3 or mre sex partners

Answer This
Answers (2)
Penelope James, Health Guide
2/26/09 10:08pm

Hi shy,


Thanks for posting your question.  I am not a doctor, so I cannot give medical advice nor diagnose you, but I think I can help.


First of all, there is no way anyone can tell you what you have simply by talking to you over the computer or phone.  You have to go in to see a gynecologist where he/she can examine you and take tests, if necessary.  


Based on what you've said, there is a good possibility you have herpes.  You may want to look at the Genital Herpes Symptoms page to get more insight on the disease and see whether you have more of its symptoms.  But because there are many other STDs out there, like warts, which may have similar characteristics, I would still recommend going to a doctor.  A doctor can also provide you with the best treatment for your condition.  


If you do end up having herpes, you may want to check out the Coping with Genital Herpes page as well as the Transmission page for more information on how to keep you and your partners safe.  


But please, go see a gynecologist.  If you don't have the money, or if you're worried about your parents knowing, try going to your local Planned Parenthood chapter where they will see you, confidentially, regardless of age or financial backing.   


I hope that helps.  Good luck, and come back to give us the update!





Aunt CeCe, Community Member
4/25/09 2:14pm

It means that something isn't right. See a doctor ASAP. The not knowing what IS wrong is so emotionally draining and stresses out other parts of the body. Take care of yourself.

Answer This

We hope you find this general health information helpful. Please note however, that this Q&A is meant to support not replace the professional medical advice you receive from your doctor. No information in the Answers above is intended to diagnose or treat any condition. The views expressed in the Answers above belong to the individuals who posted them and do not necessarily reflect the views of Remedy Health Media. Remedy Health Media does not review or edit content posted by our community members, but reserves the right to remove any material it deems inappropriate.

By shy, Community Member— Last Modified: 12/14/10, First Published: 02/26/09