Healthy Food Substitutes To Help Your Heart
A good way to reduce your fat and calorie intake is to use a few simple recipe substitutions to make your meals a little healthier. This way you can still enjoy your favorite foods, just with less impact on your waistline!
Here are a few simple substitutions:
- Replace whole eggs with egg substitutes or egg whites.
- Replace butter, oil, and margarine in sweet baked goods with fruit puree or applesauce.
- Replace ground beef with ground turkey.
- Substitute plain, low-fat yogurt in place of sour cream.
- Instead of pastry dough, go with a graham cracker crust.
With a couple simple substitutions you can enjoy the foods you love without sacrificing your waist or heart!