(solution that worked for me)
I am 39 year old Male and I am having same symptoms like what many of suffering and don’t know what to do. I am suffering with this since the age of 10 and till 23 years I was not aware of what to do. I m writing this so that people get benefited with my experience and at least get some relief.
I am writing once again symptoms, my reasons of trigger and medicine helped me to subsidies the unbearable pain.
1) Blind spot (like suddenly you came in dark from bright sunlight)
2) Kind of aura ( you can see figure but you cant see face)
3) Some time numbness in palm, giddiness, vomiting sensation.
4) A state of mind where difficult to describe.
5) Tongue becomes thick.
6) You fill like you dont have any control
7) Once headache occurs, it doesn’t go easily.
8) Head remain very heavy till next 2 days.
9) Coughing, sneezing or bending your head down gives you sharp pain in your head.
10) Don’t feel like eating anything.
11) Neck joint pain (where you head joins with your vertebra).
If any one of above or all are your symptoms then you have problem of migraine. Don’t spent time with eye test, CT scan, neuron specialist. Believe me I have spent lots of time & money in doing all this things and result were nothing.
I m not sure how many medicines I had taken to get relief from headache, but nothing work except increase the dosage. Because when this headache comes, you jus want to bang your head, you go to dark room to sleep, you try to lean to right, lean to left, try to close ear but nothing works. you take medicine you repeat the dose in 1 hour but nothing works.
Ok enough explanation now let me write what I do which helps me reduce the pain.
The moment you feel blind spot/Aura take a medicine name Vasograin (Ergotamine)
This medicine is specially made for treating the migraine. If you consume it before the headache start you would get very mild headache which will not cause much trouble to you and you can continue with your work in 30-45 mins.
For Vasograin tablets you can get more info at below location.
(if you don’t find this medicine in your country then you can find some generic for Ergotamine or consult your doctor)
If headache started still you can take this and your headache will get mild in 1 hour time.
Some times I do drink continuously 2-3 glass of water and try to spill it out with my finger. Vomiting does help in migraine and if you are feeling like vomiting, please try to spill it out. When vomiting and your taste bud say it is one of the bitterest vomits then you have won the battle by 50%.
The good thing is this medicine you can take before and after the food so in case of migraine where you don’t feel like eating anything you can intake it without having anything and later on you can eat something.
Since there are 100 reasons of triggering migraine but it is very difficult to identify what is the one which is triggering you. I am a IT professional and I spend most of my time, working on computer but that does not give me migraine. Whereas it is written working on computer gives migraine, so I would say it doesn’t trigger me migraine but there are other things which trigger.
I found migraine can occurs with anything to everything, a bright sunlight, empty stomach for long time, stress, driving (continuously moving object on road causes migraine), red wine, too much eating etc etc.
So what should you do?
1) Unfortunately after visiting and consulting with several doctors I have come to know there is no permanent cure of Migraine and it reduces automatically as the age increases. (Few Dr.may not be very happy with my this statement, after all how their family will run if they would agree on this J) When I was below 30 I use to get migraine 3-4 times in a month. When I was 30-33 it reduced to 2 in month, then 1 in month and now it is like once in 2 months or so at the age of 39.
2) Reduce your diet, if you are eating too much then try to reduce your diet. If you can’t reduce your diet then divide the same meal into 4 or 5 and eat it with 2-3 hours interval.
3) Avoid wine it has high acid level, Acidity is one or the major culprit of migraine. This does not mean you cannot drink wine your whole life. Once you are ok and migraine is gone then you can drink in control manner. (Wine lover I am sorry for this I too love to drink only wine but when I had to choose “no Severe headache” and wine I choose “no Severe headache” J. Choice is yours at least you can give a try may be it helps you.
4) If some thing you like to eat and it s made by your mother or in party you found that, please don’t hog. Remember rule no 2, reduce diet > relieve pain.
5) Take some anti acid medicine every morning for 10-15 days with empty stomach, few are Gelusil, Aciloc, Pentacid etc etc.
6) Try to take Gelusil in your daily routine before sleeping at least for a month to make your stomach good.
7) Keep this tablet every possible place, your wallet, your office desk, your travelling bag, your computer desk. The core is you have to intake it the moment you feel migraine is coming. I have kept this tablet at 15 different places permanently as I don’t want to go through the painful session of severe headache.
There is another migraine exist which is known as cluster migraine. The symptoms of culture migraine are “no blind spot”, “no aura”, severe headache at one side of head and same side eye becomes watery like tap. For this kind of migraine VasoGrain would not work and there is another medicine “Headset” (a very strong medicine should not be taken without consulting with doctor) would work for this. Also this kind of migraine require some very mild steroid medicine for 21 days which start from 20 mg and every three days they reduce by 5 mg with potassium syrup, high calcium 500 mg medicine.
Alright guys I have written a long reply hope someone would get benefited with this. Please note I am not a doctor nor I m specialist in any medical terminology (what so ever). This is my personal experience and this is just a guide to show you a path and answer your question “What the hell is happening to me ?”
In case of any doubt please consult your doctor or at least tell your doctor that you have symptom like migraine and he will be the right person to tell you, you have which type of migraine.
In case of any other doubt you can contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org