Friday, October 24, 2014

Thursday, June 25, 2009 troubled heart, Community Member, asks

Q: what is the difference between cardiologist and electrocardiologist

is there a diffferent definition for both? I was informed I have a rapid heartbeat 150+. My doctor said he was going to make an appointment with an electrocardiologist.

Answer This
Answers (1)
Lisa Nelson, Health Pro
6/26/09 12:07pm

Hi Troubled Heart,

A cardiologist is a physician who is certified to treat problems of the cardiovascular system (i.e. heart, arteries, and veins).


An electrocardiologist is a cardiologist specializing in heart rhythms, such as a too slow/fast heart rates and EKG results which is influence by the electrical signals of the heart.


All the best,

Lisa Nelson RD

Be Heart Healthy and Lose Weight


Answer This

We hope you find this general health information helpful. Please note however, that this Q&A is meant to support not replace the professional medical advice you receive from your doctor. No information in the Answers above is intended to diagnose or treat any condition. The views expressed in the Answers above belong to the individuals who posted them and do not necessarily reflect the views of Remedy Health Media. Remedy Health Media does not review or edit content posted by our community members, but reserves the right to remove any material it deems inappropriate.

By troubled heart, Community Member— Last Modified: 01/29/13, First Published: 06/25/09