Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Friday, October 14, 2011 jasmbrooks, Community Member, asks

Q: What is blockage of the front part of the heart?

I just got the results of my stress test and the doctor said that it showed blockage of the front part of the heart and wants a cardic cath to see the extent of damage.
Answer This
Answers (1)
10/14/11 10:33pm

Hi jasmbrooks:

 

There are 3 main heart arteries: Left Anterior Descending (LAD), Circumflex (Circ) and Right Coronary Artery (RCA)) and their respective branches each supply a designated portion of the heart. The Left Anterior Descending (LAD) supplies blood to the front (anterior) portion of the heart and the septum. The Circ supplies the back (posterior) portion of the left ventricle. The RCA supplies the bottom (inferior) portion of the ventricle and also the right ventricle in 90% of cases. In the other 10%, the Circ sends a branch to the inferior wall of the LV.

 

Here are a couple articles you may want to review:

Angioplasty and Stents

Anterior Heart Arteries

 

Best wishes,

Tara

Reply
Answer This

Important:
We hope you find this general health information helpful. Please note however, that this Q&A is meant to support not replace the professional medical advice you receive from your doctor. No information in the Answers above is intended to diagnose or treat any condition. The views expressed in the Answers above belong to the individuals who posted them and do not necessarily reflect the views of Remedy Health Media. Remedy Health Media does not review or edit content posted by our community members, but reserves the right to remove any material it deems inappropriate.

By jasmbrooks, Community Member— Last Modified: 09/07/14, First Published: 10/14/11