• teach857 teach857
    December 01, 2009
    when should i seek medical attention for high blood pressure
    teach857 teach857
    December 01, 2009

    I am an alcoholic that drinks 5-10 drinks an eve.  I take Micardis 80-12.5.  I was late getting presc. filled today and checked my blood pressure twice on machine they have in the Meijer.  Both readings were neer 172 over 100.  The pharmacist advised me to go to the hospital.  I have not drank today and dont want to with pressure this high.  Any advice?



  • Lisa Nelson
    Health Pro
    December 04, 2009
    Lisa Nelson
    Health Pro
    December 04, 2009

    Hi Teach857,


    I agree with your pharmacist that you need to contact your physician or see a doctor.  It's been several days since you restarted Micardis.  If your blood presssure is not back to normal levels (i.e. still 172/100 or greater) I recommend you seek emergency care.


    All the best,

    Lisa Nelson RD

    7 Natural Ways to Lower Blood Pressure


You should know Answers to your question are meant to provide general health information but should not replace medical advice you receive from a doctor. No answers should be viewed as a diagnosis or recommended treatment for a condition. Content posted by community members does not necessarily reflect the views of Remedy Health Media, which also reserves the right to remove material deemed inappropriate.