I have breakfast and my blood pressure goes up... to the point of feeling dizzy... I am taking 8 mg Atacand and still this happens....
This is an issue in several discussion lists... I have been trying to find a scientific research... according to this Canadian site, blood pressure could go up 10 points for 30 min after eating:
Someone in a list mentioned that he or she is taking Afrin.... I too have been taking a medicine that may raise BP, steroids for asthma and sinusitis lately... My guess is that this person and I are more susceptible to increases in BP because of these medications and what in a normal person would not be noticed, in our case the BP goes up a notch...
Other sites that discuss this issue are:
- Will High Blood Pressure Cause You To Have The Shakes?
- Do Gallstones Cause High Blood Pressure?
- What Is Hypertensive Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease?
- What Causes Shaking After A Stroke?
- Can Stomach Problems Cause Rapid Heart Rate After Eating?
- Does Hydrocodone Increase Blood Pressure?