International Foundation for Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders
The International Foundation for Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders (IFFGD) is a nonprofit, educational and research organization dedicated to informing, assisting, and supporting people with gastrointestinal disorders.
Their website is a great resource for anyone living with or caring for someone with GI issues, and I thought I might save you some time from searching their entire site by providing a few informative links:
1) Their home page provides a quick glance at current IFFGD activities.
2) What's New - This page provides information about the latest drug approvals, research, and publications related to GI disorders. This page is up-to-date, with new information added only a few weeks ago.
3) Copy this link into your browser, click on an area of interest, and you will have access to multiple fact sheets. Most can be downloaded for free.
4) Support Groups - This page contains a listing of GI support groups by state. Of course, the information provided here is not a complete listing of the available support groups, but it may provide a starting place for your area.
5) IFFGD has multiple sites, and this one may be of interest to you if you are caring for a child or a teen with a GI disorder.
6) This is the page to visit if you are interested in becoming a member of IFFGD. The dues are very reasonable ($25 a year), and membership allows you to receive four issues of Digestive Health Matters, their quarterly magazine.