With "Black Friday" fast approaching, I thought I should provide you with some hot gift ideas to choose from if someone on your shopping list has IBD.
1) Life and IBD Guides - This cool "European gift" is a series of guides developed by European patients, nurses, and consultants to help an individual better manage their disease. The guides are free to download and print at www.LifeAndIBD.org.
2) Take Out Dinner and a Movie Rental Gift Cards - These cards will give your friend an excuse to stay home and keep entertaining simple.
3) A Basket of Relaxation - Last year a few friends made me a basket like this and I still have the basket in my office, because it reminds me of how thoughtful people can be. Consider filling a basket with a relaxing CD, fuzzy pajama pants, vanilla hand cream, and herbal teas. I loved getting this gift!
4) Amazon Gift Cards - Standing in long lines this holiday season may not be the healthiest of options for a friend with IBD. Sending a gift card from Amazon with a note, "To help with your holiday shopping!" would probably be a welcomed surprise.
5) Holiday Cards That Show You Care - Proceeds from these holiday cards benefit research, education, and support for individuals with Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis. You can even personalize the cards and envelopes for you or your friend! To find out more, visit https://datamediator.jamestower.com/StaticPage.cfm?strShobaMaindatamediator.jamestower.com=555109204&intStaticPageID=7138
Published On: November 25, 2008