Do you blog about Migraines or another headache disorder? If so, I hope you'll join us during June for some fun blogging for National Migraine Awareness Month.
My friend Ellen Schnakenberg and I have issued the first annual Migraine Awareness Month Blogging Challenge. Here's how it works:
- Each day in June, we'll post a new "prompt" on www.FightingHeadacheDisorders.com. A prompt is the topic for the day. We're "prompting" everyone to write on it. The topics vary - serious, funny, creative, inspirational, thought provoking.
- Bloggers write about that day's prompt on their own blogs, the tweet their posts and share them on Facebook, etc.
- After writing that day, bloggers go back and post the URL for their blog entry on the prompt post on FightingHeadacheDisorders.com so everyone can see what they've written. Ellen and I will tweet everyone's posts, and we encourage everyone else to tweet or retweet other people's entries.
- We've established Twitter hash tags: #NMAM for National Migraine Awareness Month and #NMAMBC for National Migraine Awareness Month Blog Challenge.
- We hope people will blog and tweet every day, but certainly understand that people may miss a few. That's fine. We want to have fun while raising awareness, not stress anyone.
If you blog, we hope you'll join us. If you don't, but know others who do, please pass this invitation along to them. Migraine is still horribly misunderstood, underdiagnosed, and undertreated, and the stigma associated with it adds to the burden of living with the disease. Increased awareness can help with all of that, and we can each help with that.
Lets help make Migraines visible!
Get the latest Migraine and headache news, informational articles, tips for living well, and more in my free weekly newsletter. To subscribe, CLICK HERE.