AHMA Headache and Migraine Conference - Scholarships and Updates
The day of the first annual American Headache and Migraine Association (AHMA) conference is quickly approaching. The conference will be held at the Camelback Inn in Scottsdale, Arizona, on Sunday, November 24 from 10:30 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.
Realizing that some of the Migraine and headache patients who could get the most out of the conference might not be able to afford going, the AHMA managed to pull together the funding to offer eight travel scholarships for the conference. Today, it's a great pleasure to announce the scholarship recipients:
- John Bebee,
- Julie Davis,
- Cyndi Jordan,
- Emily Middleton,
- Amy Penn,
- Jandy Rivera,
- Siotha Vest, and
- Kimellon Kotzen Wear
We have some great sessions with the best speakers available. Here's the tentative schedule:
- Opening Remarks ~Dr. Elizabeth Loder, Teri Robert
- Reframing Migraine and Headache ~Dr. William B. Young
- Lunch Session: Share Your Headache or Migraine Story (lunch provided)
- New Treatments, New Approaches to Treatment of Migraine and Cluster Headache ~Dr. Peter Goadsby
- Migraine and Headache Management in Adolescents and Young Adults ~Dr. Paul Winner
- Information & Support for Family, Friends, and Care Givers (No patients) ~Dr. Frank Andrasik, Ellen Schnakenberg, Teri Robert
- Integrative Headache and Migraine Management ~Dr. Rob Cowan
- Headache and Migraine Crisis Management ~Dr. Frank Andrasik, Diana Lee, Teri Robert
- AHMA membership meeting and awarding of door prizes
Important notice: Since fragrances are a strong trigger for some people, this is a fragrance-free conference. Please do not wear perfumes, colognes, or other scented products. Thank you!
The Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore is offering a very reasonable conference rate of $85 per night for rooms with two queen-sized beds. The deadline for reserving a room at this rate is November 2. They will also provide a shuttle to take people to the conference and one to take them back to the Hampton Inn at the end of the conference.
For more information, including registration, please see the AHMA conference page.
Make a difference... Donate to the 36 Million Migraine Campaign!
© Teri Robert, 2013
Last updated October 29, 2013.