If I Were Pain- and Symptom-Free - Migraine and Headache Blog Challenge
Today is the first day of Migraine and Headache Awareness Month (MHAM), which means that it's also the first day of the Migraine and Headache Awareness Month Blog Challenge. Every day this month, a new challenge prompt will be posted on the American Headache and Migraine Association blog. We bloggers then write on these prompts to help raise awareness and support and to reduce stigma.
Today's challenge prompt is:
“What would you do if your dream of a completely pain- and symptom-free life, came true?”
Here's my post on this prompt:
After so many years of migraines, headaches, arthritis, and other health issues, this really is a challenge! What would I do? Let me daydream a bit here and list some things I would do — once I recovered from the shock:
- Give thanks for however this dream came true.
- Hope that it came true for everyone.
- Spend more time with family and friends.
- Travel more.
- Enjoy rain and thunder storms instead of waiting for them to trigger a migraine.
- Engage in photography more and share my photos.
- Sleep better.
- Enjoy music more since I wouldn't have to worry about phonophobia.
- Enjoy sunny days more since I wouldn't have to worry about photophobia.
For more information about the 2014 Migraine and Headache Awareness Month Blog Challenge, please see 2014 Migraine and Headache Awareness Month Blog Challenge. If you'd like to participate in the challenge, but don't have a blog, you're welcome to write your blog posts here on Health Central Migraine.
Make a difference... Donate to the 36 Million Migraine Campaign!
© Teri Robert, 2014, • Last updated June 1, 2014.