HealthCentral Staff, Colleagues, and More - Thankful Despite Migraine
In case you missed the first post, we're observing this time of year with a series of "Thankful Despite Migraine" posts. If you did miss the first post, you can still read The Online Migraine Community - Thankful Despite Migraine.
Today's subject came to mind partly because of the comments made to the first post, both here on HealthCentral, and on Facebook and Twitter. Those comments helped me realize just how much I want to say, "Thank you," to and for Remedy Health Media (the parent company of HealthCentral), the staff at HealthCentral, my team members who write for the HealthCentral Migraine site with me, my colleagues who write about other health conditions there, and for the platform and opportunities that HealthCentral provides.
Building and maintaining a good web site is quite an onerous task doesn't necessarily get easier over time. "If you build it, they will come," doesn't necessarily apply to web sites. They have to be constantly updated, not only for content, but changing technology. It takes both constantly changing and expertise to get sites to rank well in the search engines so people find them. Working for Remedy Health / HealthCentral allows me to do so much more than I could ever do on my own. They take care of the technical aspects, search engine optimization, and so much more. That allows me to spend my time, researching, writing, answering questions, and generally spending my time on you, our readers, and the migraine and headache community in general. Add to that the fact that they actually pay me for what I do, and it's a great situation. Due to my health issues, I'll most likely never be able to work a "regular" job with a set schedule again. Plus, working from home allows me to avoid many of the migraine triggers present in so many work places and work at my own pace and schedule so I can rest if I need to. Like most of you, I need to work to add to our family income, and I feel so incredibly fortunate to have a job that affords me the opportunity to help others who are living with migraine and to attend continuing education conferences where I keep learning more about migraine and other headache disorders.
So, today, I want to say, "Thank you," to and for:
- Remedy Health Media
- The entire HealthCentral staff including Randy Rieland, Erica Sanderson, Nikki Cagle, all the tech staff, and everyone else.
- Ellen Schnakenberg and Cyndi Jordan, my fellow migraine health guides at HealthCentral.
- Dr. Rob Nicholson, who has joined us to talk about the behavioral / psychological aspects of migraine and living with it.
- Dr. David Watson, who answers Ask the Clinician questions with me; is the medical reviewer for the content Ellen, Cyndi, and I write for you; and writes some interesting blog posts for us.
- The fantastic team work that occurs with HealthCentral.
- The support everyone at HealthCentral shows for the advocacy work Ellen, Cyndi, Dr. Nicholson, Dr. Watson, and I do.
Thank you, all of you!
Who or what are YOU thankful for today? Please share with us! You can write a post of your own to share, or you can click the button below to comment on this post.
Make a difference... Donate to the 36 Million Migraine Campaign!
© Teri Robert, 2014, • Last updated November 12, 2014.