New Migraine and Headache Info on MMC, 11/03/09
For those of you who are super busy or don't feel well enough to look around for what's new, each week, here's some of the newest information we've published here for you on MyMigraineConnection.com...
Migraines, Cardiovascular Issues, and Triptans
We've all been told that triptans and cardiovascular disease don't mix. Have you ever wondered how Migraine experts feel about this? I certainly have, so I was thrilled to come across this video of several experts discussing this very issue...
Withholding Migraine Treatment: Cruel and Unusual
Courts have ruled that withholding Migraine treatment from prisoners is "cruel and unusual punishment." What about the rest of us? Read this article by Megan Oltman, then tell us what you think.
Current Migraine and Headache Clinical Trials
Are you interested in clinical trials?
Check our our listing of Migraine and headache clinical trials that are currently enrolling new participants.
Migraine & Headache Term of the Day
Exploring the medical terms we see and hear when learning about Migraine and other headache disorders.
Please give some of our members some extra support or get some ideas from other members...
One of the best things about sites such as ours is that it's like having a support group from the comfort of home. Some of our members could use extra support this week. If you can, please take a few minutes to post to them:
- Anti-nausea meds helped my headache?
- Treatment of Migraine with no health insurance? Anyone have any tips for this member?
- Taking Topamax for seizures ... hair thinning. Anyone experiencing...?
New Ask the Clinician Questions and Answers:
- Is it possible that salt or sodium could trigger migraines?
- Is it possible to suffer from migraine as well as cluster headaches?
- Stopping tinnitus side effect of Topamax?
- Is pulsatile tinnitus related to vestibular Migraine?
Get Answers To Your Migraine and Headache Questions
When you have questions about Migraines or headaches, our site offers three ways to ask those questions and get answers.
That's it for this week. Other good ways for you to keep up are subscribing to our free newsletter and subscribing to our shareposts. Here are some subscription links for you (note that you need to be logged in before subscribing):
- Subscribe to our free newsletter
- Subscribe to my shareposts
- Subscribe to Nancy's shareposts
- Subscribe to Megan's shareposts