New Migraine and Headache Info on MMC, 11/30/09
For those of you who are super busy or don't feel well enough to look around for what's new, each week, I'll be posting links for you here. Links to the newest Migraine and headache information we've made available here on MyMigraineConnection.
Without further ado, here's some of the newest information we've published here for you:
Migraines, Triptan Safety, and Pregnancy
Researchers have studied a pregnancy registry to look at the effects of sumatriptan (Imitrex) and Amerge (naratriptan) on infants whose mothers used these triptans during pregnancy.
His Migraine Wasn't a Migraine
When we arrive at the treatment facility, whether it's a hospital or urgent care clinic, we expect the best, most knowledgeable health care we can get. If not, where does that leave us? As Cheryl and William Cressey found out, not in a good place at all...
Migraine & Headache Term of the Day
Exploring the medical terms we see and hear when learning about Migraine and other headache disorders.
- Term of the Day: Unilateral
- Term of the Day: Serotonin
- Term of the Day: Allodynia
- Term of the Day: Common Migraine
Please give some of our members some extra support or get some ideas from other members...
One of the best things about sites such as ours is that it's like having a support group from the comfort of home. Some of our members could use extra support this week. If you can, please take a few minutes to post to them:
- alone with questions
- LP was normal, CDH's and migraines continue
- Anyone have any great ideas for dealing with headaches related to Barometric Pressure?
New Ask the Clinician Questions and Answers:
- Joint stiffness for a week after Imitrex?
- On and off headaches - dairy, sleep?
- Migraines after birth of son -- birth control pills?
Get Answers To Your Migraine and Headache Questions
When you have questions about Migraines or headaches, our site offers three ways to ask those questions and get answers.
That's it for this week. I'll be doing an update weekly to keep you up-to-date on the newest information on our site. Other good ways for you to keep up are subscribing to our free newsletter and subscribing to our shareposts. Here are some subscription links for you (note that you need to be logged in before subscribing):
- Subscribe to our free newsletter
- Subscribe to my shareposts
- Subscribe to Nancy's shareposts
- Subscribe to Megan's shareposts