New Migraine and Headache Info on MMC, 12/7/09
For those of you who are super busy or don't feel well enough to look around for what's new, each week, I'll be posting links for you here. Links to the newest Migraine and headache information we've made available here on MyMigraineConnection.
Without further ado, here's some of the newest information we've published here for you:
Valproate Medications, Pregnancy, and Migraine
Women who take these medications (divalproex sodium, aka Depakote; valproate sodium, aka Depacon; valproic acid, aka Depakene) during pregnancy have an increased risk of giving birth to children with neural tube defects and other major birth defects.
Migraine & Headache Term of the Day
Exploring the medical terms we see and hear when learning about Migraine and other headache disorders.
- Migraine Term of the Day: Classic Migraine
- Migraine Term of the Day: Contraindication
- Migraine Term of the Day: Paresthesia
- Migraine Term of the Day: Ptosis
Please give some of our members some extra support or get some ideas from other members...
One of the best things about sites such as ours is that it's like having a support group from the comfort of home. Some of our members could use extra support this week. If you can, please take a few minutes to post to them:
- better off dead?
- Recovery from surgery has been slow
- What type of migraine is this? Totally depressed!!
- when life gets ya down
- Join our daily discussion in the "Tea Room!"
New Ask the Clinician Questions and Answers:
- Migraines and grand mal seizure?
- Migraines with falling and shaking?
- Unable to control blood sugar - contributing to Migraines and headaches?
Get Answers To Your Migraine and Headache Questions
When you have questions about Migraines or headaches, our site offers three ways to ask those questions and get answers.
That's it for this week. I'll be doing an update weekly to keep you up-to-date on the newest information on our site. Other good ways for you to keep up are subscribing to our free newsletter and subscribing to our shareposts. Here are some subscription links for you (note that you need to be logged in before subscribing):
- Subscribe to our free newsletter
- Subscribe to my shareposts
- Subscribe to Nancy's shareposts
- Subscribe to Megan's shareposts