New Migraine and Headache Info on MMC, 12/15/09
For those of you who are super busy or don't feel well enough to look around for what's new, each week, I'll be posting links for you here. Links to the newest Migraine and headache information we've made available here on MyMigraineConnection.
Without further ado, here's some of the newest information we've published here for you:
Inhaled Oxygen Shown Effective for Cluster Headaches
Cluster headache sufferers have been saying for years that oxygen could abort a cluster headache. Insurance companies used lack of evidence as a reason not to pay for it. Now we have evidence in the form of a double-blind, placebo-controlled trial with excellent outcomes.
Action Alert: Help Neurologists Provide Quality Migraine Care
The Senate Health Care Reform Bill contains a particular provision to provide bonus Medicare payments to doctors from certain primary care specialties. This is a very good idea. It is intended to incentivize and encourage doctors to enter and stay in primary care practice. Physicians who specialize in headache medicine provide primary or principal care for patients with headache disorders, and more than 90% of them are neurologists. Unfortunately, neurologists have been unaccountably left out of eligibility for these bonuses. Please take a few minutes to write your Senators about this important issue!
December Migraine Disease and Headache Blog Carnival: Holiday Stress
Migraine bloggers got together to share information on getting through the holidays despite the stress. Check it out!
Migraine & Headache Term of the Day
Exploring the medical terms we see and hear when learning about Migraine and other headache disorders.
- Migraine Term of the Day: Rescue Medication
- Migraine Term of the Day: Preventive Medication
- Migraine Term of the Day: Abortive Medication
Please give some of our members some extra support or get some ideas from other members...
One of the best things about sites such as ours is that it's like having a support group from the comfort of home. Some of our members could use extra support this week. If you can, please take a few minutes to post to them:
- Problem again with getting Relpax
- Finally got to see a headache specialist
- Updates, Frustrations, Insurance, Holidays
- Is it possible the headaches will just go away someday?
- Join our daily discussion in the "Tea Room!"
New Ask the Clinician Questions and Answers:
- Not happy with slow progress controlling migrainous headaches?
- Migraine and classification of lowered immune system?
- Unable to control blood sugar - contributing to Migraines and headaches?
Get Answers To Your Migraine and Headache Questions
When you have questions about Migraines or headaches, our site offers three ways to ask those questions and get answers.
That's it for this week. I'll be doing an update weekly to keep you up-to-date on the newest information on our site. Other good ways for you to keep up are subscribing to our free newsletter and subscribing to our shareposts. Here are some subscription links for you (note that you need to be logged in before subscribing):
- Subscribe to our free newsletter
- Subscribe to my shareposts
- Subscribe to Nancy's shareposts
- Subscribe to Megan's shareposts