- tell your doctor if you are taking any medications, especially those that decrease clotting, vasoconstriction or platelet count.
Potential side effects:
- Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following serious side effects occur:
- chest tightness
- difficulty breathing
- fast heartbeat
- rash, hives or itching
- swelling of the mouth, face, lips or tongue
- Common side effects include:
- mouth sores
- stomach distress
Brand names: herbs such as feverfew are packaged and sold by many different manufacturers.
- Medication Overuse Headache - When the Remedy Backfires
- Migraines, Dietary Supplements, and a Final FDA Rule
- Safe Migraine Medications and New Laws in Effect
- Supplements for Migraine - They ARE Drugs
National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM). "Feverfew." Herbs at a Glance. Last revised updated July, 2010.
Erlich, Steven D., NMD. "Feverfew." University of Maryland Medical Center. Medical Reference. Complementary Medicine. Last reviewed: December 13, 2010.
Thanks for reading,
visit my blog, Migraine and Other Headache Disorders
© HealthCentral Network, 2012.
Last updated May 2, 2012.