Carolynne Poole, a gifted vocalist and contestant on the BBC television show The X Factor, has had a difficult few years. In addition to suffering from Migraines, she and her soccer player husband David Poole, have failed several in vitro fertilization (IVF) attempts, which seems to have destroyed their marriage. Last week she was voted off The X Factor.
Mrs. Poole was born on August 5, 1980 in Leeds, England and is quite talented. In addition to having a beautiful voice, she is an actress and an antique furniture restorer. Poole made her first appearance on The X Factor in 2011 and got as far as the Judges' House in that season. The show been on British TV for nine years and the American spinoff TV show has been airing for two years.
The show works like this: vocalists audition throughout the United Kingdom (or the U.S. for the American version) in front of live audiences. If they are good enough, they move to the boot camp, where the real work begins. The contestants endure challenging singing competitions, usually against each other, hoping to make it to the Judges' House, which is the next stage of the competition. In the Judges' House, each singer works with a mentor and prepares to become a finalist in the live TV show.
This season, Poole made it as far as the final live singing round. Unfortunately she was voted off the show in what now is considered a contentious sing-off with Rylan Clark. For one short moment after the sing-off, Poole thought she was saved, but in reality she received the fewest public votes and Clark was voted the winner.
In the week leading up to Poole's live performance, she maintained a rigorous singing schedule and frequent rehearsals. She reported to be struggling with Migraines, tweeting;
"Hey guys! Sorry I’ve not been on for a while…Had horrible migraine … Any healing positive energy u guys have spare, send my way pls x.”
Poole's schedule was very hectic during the week before the live show. When we are under emotional stress, as she was, our Migraines can be easily triggered when normally that may not be the case. Even subtle changes in sleeping patterns, skipping meals and/or eating certain food may have triggered this Migraine attack for Poole.
Poole however, is no stranger in losing talent shows. In 2003 before she was married, Poole performed on the BBC show Fame Academy under her maiden name Good. She made it as far as the finals, only to be beaten by contest winner Alex Parks and second place finisher Alistair Griffin.
This spring, due to Poole's exposure, she was able to secure a part time role in the popular British soap opera Emmerdale. She has filmed a few scenes and hopes fans will like her enough that she becomes a full time member of the cast.
For information on other Famous Migraineurs, read:
- Famous Migraineurs: Lewis Carroll
- Famous Migraineurs: Marcia Cross
- Julius Caesar: Roman Emperor, Migraineur
- Famous Migraineurs: Anne Frank
- Whoopi Goldberg - Famous and Successful Despite Migraines
- Famous Migraineurs: Percy Harvin
- Thomas Jefferson
- Famous Migrainers: Kris Letang
- Famous Migraineurs: Loretta Lynn
- Famous Migraineurs - Terrell Davis
- John F. Kennedy's Migraines - A Secret?
- Famous Migraineurs: Gustav Mahler
- Famous Migraineurs: Dame Elizabeth Taylor
- Famous Migraineurs: Vincent Van Gogh
- Interview with Cindy McCain: Migraine Sufferer, Advocate
- Does Harry Potter Have Migraines?
- Elvis & LSD? No, DHE for Migraine!
- Famous Migraineurs: Carly Simon
- Famous Migraineurs: Sharon Stone
- Famous Migraineurs: Kristin Chenoweth
- Edith Wharton: Famous Migraineur
- Khloe Kardashian: Famous Migraineur
- Savanah Guthrie: Famous Migraineur
- Sigmund Freud: Famous Migrainuer
- Janet Jackson: Famous Migraineur
Daniels, Colin. " 'X Factor' star Carolynne Poole lands 'Emmerdale' role." Digital Spy: Soaps. May 13, 2012.
Fletcher, Alex. "X Factor' hopeful is 'Fame Academy' reject." Digital Spy: Reality TV. June, 15, 2011.
IMBd."Carolynne Poole." October 8, 2012.
McGarry, Lisa. "X Factor 2012: Carolynne Poole makes her brilliant return tonight...and reveals her IVF battle." UnRealityTV. September 16, 2012.
McGarry, Lisa. "X Factor 2012: Carolynne Poole recovers from ‘horrible migraine’ before 1st live show." UnRealityTV. October 6, 2012.
Thanks for reading,
Follow me on or
visit my blog, Migraine and Other Headache Disorders
© The HealthCentral Network, 2012
Last Updated Ocotber 9, 2012.
Published On: October 10, 2012