Im new to this forum and after years of suffering from severe migraines am happy to have stumbled upon this group.
About a year ago I developed a severe allergic-anaphylactic reaction to Imitrex (injectable) and was told to never use it again. As a result I have been to the ER twice with uncontrollable migraines (I also have hypotension so with the dehydration from vomiting it becomes even more critical with a major migraine).
Is there anyone else out there that has this same problem with triptans (and this was the only triptan that worked during an attack) and besides the usual preventatives that we all try, what suggestions can anyone give me help me cope without triptans?
Thanks for listening
Published On: June 15, 2007