8/6/07 #3 - Septum repair to help headaches?

Ask the Clinician Health Pro
  • Full Question:
    My 13 year old twin boys have been diagnosed with bent septums, one of the children is really suffering with headaches and I wondered with the two are connected? Michelle.


    Dear Michelle;

    Although the possibility exists that a deviated nasal septum might be a cause or promoter of headache, I have seen too many people who had these repaired with no consequent change in the headache pattern. It sort of comes down to how much is the breathing affected by the septum deviation and find an adequate treatment for the headache, as most "sinus" headaches are Migraines or Migrainous headaches.

    Add This Infographic to Your Website or Blog With This Code:

    Good luck,
    John Claude Krusz and Teri Robert

    If you need to find a headache and Migraine specialist, please see our listing of patient recommended specialists.

    About Ask the Clinician:

    Dr. Krusz is a recognized expert in the fields of headache and Migraine treatment and pain treatment. Each week, he and Lead Expert Teri Robert, team up to answer your questions about headaches and Migraines. You can read more about Dr. Krusz or more about Teri Robert.

    If you have a question, please click HERE. Accepted questions will be answered by publishing the answers here. Due to the number of questions submitted, no questions will be answered privately, and questions will be accepted only when submitted via THIS FORM. Please do not submit questions via email, private message, or SharePost comments. Thank you.

    Please note: We cannot handle emergencies or diagnose via the Internet. Please do not ask us to diagnose; see your physician for diagnosis.

    We hope you find this general medical and health information useful, but this Q & A is meant to support not replace the professional medical advice you receive from your doctor. For all personal medical and health matters, including decisions about diagnoses, medications and other treatment options, you should always consult your doctor. See full Disclaimer.

Published On: August 06, 2007