04/23/07 #2 - Worst headache when masturbating?

Ask the Clinician Health Pro
  • Full Question:
    I have a problem when I masturbate. I get the worst headahce and pain in my neck when I ejaculate. I went to a urologist and he could not help me. Do you have any ideas? Thanks, Rodney.


    Dear Rodney;
    Talk with your family doctor or a neurologist about the possbility of coital headache. It's a form of exertional headache brought on by orgasm. Your doctor should be able to recommend a medication to take before sexual activity that will prevent such headaches.

    Good luck,
    John Claude Krusz and Teri Robert

    About Ask the Clinician:

    Dr. Krusz is a recognized expert in the fields of headache and migraine treatment and pain treatment. Each week, he and Lead Expert Teri Robert, team up to answer your questions about headaches and Migraines. You can read more about Dr. Krusz or more about Teri Robert. If you have a question for this section of our site, please click HERE. Accepted questions will be answered by publishing the answers here. No questions will be answered privately.

    Add This Infographic to Your Website or Blog With This Code:

    Please note: We cannot handle emergencies or diagnose via the Internet. Please do not ask us to diagnose; see your physician for diagnosis.

    We hope you find this general medical and health information useful, but this Q & A is meant to support not replace the professional medical advice you receive from your doctor. For all personal medical and health matters, including decisions about diagnoses, medications and other treatment options, you should always consult your doctor. See full Disclaimer.

Published On: April 22, 2007