Sunday, October 26, 2014
Friday, July 10, 2009 Sharon, Community Member, asks

Q: Headaches that start in the back of my neck/head up my head and in to my eyes are?

I have been having headaches that start in the back of my neck/head and then go up my head and into my eyes. I am on meds but the headaches keep on. This has been going on for five years. I did have a MRI and it showed lots of arthritis damage.  I had migraines in my 20's and 30's and they were one-sided.  I am now in my late 50's the neuro doctor said this is another form of migraine. Is this the case?

Answer This
Answers (1)
Nancy Harris Bonk, Community Member
7/11/09 9:54pm

Hi Sharon,

 I'm sorry you're having a hard time. But if your doctor isn't able to help you, it may well be time to consult a Migraine and headache specialist. It's important to note that neurologists aren't necessarily Migraine and headache specialists. Take a look at the article Migraine and Headache Specialists - What's So Special? If you need help finding a Migraine specialist, check our listing of Patient Recommended Migraine and Headache Specialists.

Here are some other links that might be useful:

Using Tylenol Responsibly

Let’s Talk Pain Meds

What You Didn’t Know About Pain Meds

 Good luck




Answer This

We hope you find this general health information helpful. Please note however, that this Q&A is meant to support not replace the professional medical advice you receive from your doctor. No information in the Answers above is intended to diagnose or treat any condition. The views expressed in the Answers above belong to the individuals who posted them and do not necessarily reflect the views of Remedy Health Media. Remedy Health Media does not review or edit content posted by our community members, but reserves the right to remove any material it deems inappropriate.

By Sharon, Community Member— Last Modified: 08/02/14, First Published: 07/10/09