• wulfie wulfie
    July 20, 2009
    Migraine while I sleep?
    wulfie wulfie
    July 20, 2009

    My migraine's start in the middle of night while sleeping.  Go to bed fine then get a migraine while sleeping.  The Migraine 60% of the time will go away after I get up and drink coffee.  The other 40% stay for a day or two. What would be the cause?

    READ MORE

FROM OUR EXPERTS

  • Teri Robert
    Health Guide
    July 23, 2009
    Teri Robert
    Health Guide
    July 20, 2009

    Hello, Wulfie,

     

    -:¦:-•:*'""*:•.-:¦:-•*Welcome to MyMigraineConnection!*•-:¦:-•:*'""*:•.-:¦:-

     

     

    Are you sure these are Migraines and not headaches? How frequent are they? Do they wake you at the same time? There's a form of headache called "hypnic headache" that sounds a lot like what you describe, right down to the caffeine helping. You can read more in Hypnic Headache - The Basics.

     

    If they're Migraines, it must be a trigger that you're encountering on a regular basis. Trigger identification and management is a vital component of managing Migraine disease. One of the best tools for identifying triggers is a good Migraine diary. You can download a free diary workbook from our article Your Migraine and Headache Diary. Some of us have food triggers; some of us don't. It's advisable to determine if your daughter does, and an elimination diet is the best way to do that. For more information and a workbook on this, see Managing Migraine - Migraine Trigger Foods.

     

    Please keep in mind that nobody can diagnose you via the Internet. Your best option is to review the information I've given you and discuss things with your doctor.

     

    Please keep me posted?

    Teri


FROM OUR COMMUNITY

  • Nancy Harris Bonk July 23, 2009
    Nancy Harris Bonk
    July 20, 2009

    Hi wulfie,

     

    Only a doctor can tell you what is going on with your headaches. We can provide you with information to share with him. There is a type of headache called Hypnic Headache that wakes a person from a sound sleep, and usually begins in people over 50. Continue reading Hypnic Headache - The Basics for more information. 

     

    It would be a good idea to see your doctor for a full exam, medical history and you can take this information to him if you'd like.

     

    I hope it helps,

    Nancy 

    READ MORE
  • Leann April 01, 2012
    Leann
    July 20, 2009

    This JUST happened to me!! Hence why I'm investigating for myself - you poor poor thing Cry  Good luck in research - you are not alone.

    READ MORE
You should know Answers to your question are meant to provide general health information but should not replace medical advice you receive from a doctor. No answers should be viewed as a diagnosis or recommended treatment for a condition. Content posted by community members does not necessarily reflect the views of Remedy Health Media, which also reserves the right to remove material deemed inappropriate.

Most Popular

http://www.healthcentral.com/migraine/cf/slideshows/10-ways-for-migraineurs-to-sneak-in-some-exercise
Migraine Medications and Treatments
Exercise Tips for Migraineurs
Support, Advocacy, Legal Issues
6 Indulgences for Moms with Migraines