Primary Headache: a headache not caused by another illness or disorder.
Most of the headache disorders we discuss are considered primary headaches. This includes Migraines.
We have a great deal of information about primary headache disorders, including:
- Abdominal Migraine - The Basics
- Acephalgic or Silent Migraine – The Basics
- Basilar-Type Migraine - the Basics
- Chronic Daily Headache - The Basics
- Cluster Headaches - The Basics
- Hemicrania Continua - The Basics
- Hemiplegic Migraine - The Basics
- Hypnic Headaches – The Basics
- Ice Pick Headaches - The Basics
- Migraine – What is It?
- Migraine With Aura - the Basics
- Migraine Without Aura - the Basics
- New Daily Persistent Headache – The Basics
- Paroxysmal Hemicrania – The Basics
- Primary Exertional Headache - The Basics
- Retinal Migraine - The Basics
- Status Migrainous - The Basics
- Tension-Type Headaches - The Basics
For more terms, see our Migraine and Headache Glossary.
Medical review by John Claude Krusz, PhD, MD.