The treatment of MS takes three forms - (1) steroids for acute attacks; (2) medication, therapy, and/or devices to help manage symptoms and disability; and (3) disease-modifying therapies and/or lifestyle changes to tackle the progression of the disease.
Amy is talking about symptom management this week. I'd like to give you links to several posts which have been written on the topic as well.
- Fatigue and Taking Provigil for Fatigue
- Spasticity and Taking Baclofen and Stretching for Spasticity
- Bladder Dysfunction and Bowel Dysfunction
- Speech Dysfunction (Dysarthria) and "I'm Not Drunk, I just have MS!!"
- Sexual Dysfunction and MS (6-part series)
- Pain and MS: Treatment
- The "MS Huge" Demystified
- Mental Health and MS: Depression Treatments
- What causes Cognitive Symptoms in MS?
- Cognitive Function, MS, and Neuropsychology
What are YOUR common MS symptoms and what do you do to manage them?