Monday, July 28, 2008 Concerned Niece, Community Member, asks

Q: is there any financial assistance for pts that have ms?

My Uncle  was diagnosed with MS about 1 year ago and since then can't work. He gets Social Security but it isn't enough to pay his bills, especially his pharmacy bill. I am afraid they might lose their home or worse they won't be able to get his medicine. Is there any kind of financial help out there ?????

Answer This
Answers (4)
Merely Me, Health Guide
12/31/08 6:44pm

Hello there


I was just going through the questions and I noticed that your question from way back in July was never answered.  I am so sorry that you never got a response. 


Wanted to tell you that we now have a part of our MS site devoted to insurance and financial information.  Please visit this link to see!  There is a ton of information there that I hope will still be useful to you and your family.


I do hope your uncle has been able to manage all these months.  I know that times are certainly tough this year.  Let's hope that the new year brings more hope and promise. 


I thank you for your question and I do hope you come back to visit us here at Health Central.

ESTHER BILLOUPS, Community Member
6/15/10 9:53pm


ESTHER BILLOUPS, Community Member
6/15/10 9:54pm


Pamela J golden, Community Member
7/23/10 12:11pm

I agree to the terms.

Answer This

We hope you find this general health information helpful. Please note however, that this Q&A is meant to support not replace the professional medical advice you receive from your doctor. No information in the Answers above is intended to diagnose or treat any condition. The views expressed in the Answers above belong to the individuals who posted them and do not necessarily reflect the views of Remedy Health Media. Remedy Health Media does not review or edit content posted by our community members, but reserves the right to remove any material it deems inappropriate.

By Concerned Niece, Community Member— Last Modified: 06/12/12, First Published: 07/28/08