When to See a Doctor

As soon as you experience bothersome numbing and tingling, it is best to discuss the source of it with your primary care physician familiar with your personal medical history. This will rule out other causes, while also including multiple sclerosis as a suspect. If any changes occur, such as numbness that's spread or appears on another part of your body, follow up with your PCP on multiple sclerosis' role in causing your body to lose temporary sensation.