Question of the Week: Your Forteo Experiences and Advice
(New Forteo Pen)
Lately we've been getting a lot of questions about Forteo here at OsteoporosisConnection.com, and we'd like to talk to those who are considering taking it, those who are already using it and how you are doing.
I took Forteo for two years and did extremely well, but not all of us have the results that I had, so this is an opportunity to hear from those with valuable information on their struggles, successes, and results.
- If you're already taking it or have finished, did Forteo help you or not? Did your t-scores improve, stayed the same or got worse from your Forteo treatment?
- If you are trying to decide whether to take it or not, what about the drug concerns you the most?
- Do you have trouble with the injection, or the price; does your insurance cover it at a reasonable co pay price and did you have to take a bisphosphonate (Boniva, Actonel, Fosamax, or Reclast) before your insurance would cover Forteo?
- Are you concerned with or experiencing any of the side effects or with the possibility of contracting osteosarcoma (rare bone cancer)?
- Have you traveled with Forteo and did that cause any problems with its refrigeration or possibly airport security? Include any tips you've found that worked well for traveling with this drug.
- What advice would you give to someone thinking about taking this medication for osteoporosis?
No advice is off limits, we want to know the good and the bad whatever that may be to help those considering this or currently taking it to give them some support and advice through their journey with this type of treatment, so they know they aren't ALONE.
Please feel free to answer other members' questions or comments so we can share and get an accurate picture of how others are handling any issues that may arise during treatment with Forteo and how they may have resolved them.
Don't worry about answering all the questions, just those that apply to you!