New Home Page Design and Functionality
Hi Everyone, I hope you are all doing well and are all ready for the holidays. If you are like me this time of year can be hectic, but take a deep breathe and just do the best you can with it and ENJOY yourself and family, since that's the ultimate goal.
I wanted to mention that you will be seeing some great design and ease of navigation changes to all of our various web sites, so take some time to familiarize yourself with the new features and how to access them here.
Here's a list of changes you'll notice to make your experience here at HealthCentral so much more vibrant and robust; to help you find the things you're looking for. It should also help with those who only visit once and feel overwhelmed at where to start to get involved with our community.
- To sign in, register, get a Newsletter or access your home page, look for this area (below) to activate the process.
- We also have a flash box/module that will tell you about all the new Shareposts, news, and polls currently offered for the week. This is the box at the top center of the home page that gives links to the current Shareposts. This is what it looks like, and makes it easy to access for patient experts, member's Shareposts and it makes contribution from all our members much easier since it's YOUR input that makes this a vibrant community. Featured Content is located at the top right of the screen and this is what it looks like; just click the blue titles to read.
- Below that module we have a section on "Happening Now in Our Community," which will list all questions, comments and Sharepost recently posted. The information will change to different content every 30 minutes or so, as new content from you and our staff is available. The timing of changing content will vary depending on how many members are posting at any given time.
- We'll now have a link on the Home Page to take you to the "Join the Community," "Share Your Story," and "Ask a Question" sections of the site. Here's the icons you'll see for this which you just click to activate.
- On the left-hand side of the home page, you will now see a list of all the condition related verticals run by HealthCentral. Feel free to browse any or all of these sites. At the top of the list are the conditions we think are most related to the particular site you are on.
- At the bottom of the homepage you will see a number of videos related to your condition.
We hope you all enjoy the new look and find this new design easier to navigate, when you are looking for the information you want.
Editors Note: Thank you for your patience as we roll out the new changes. There might be some glitches on the way but we are working to fix those promptly. If there are any problems you come across, please let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, or if you like the new design, let us know that too!