Before taking this medication, tell your doctor if you have any allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
This medication should not be used if you have certain medical conditions. Before using this medicine, consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have:
- high calcium/vitamin D levels (hypercalcemia/hypervitaminosis D)
- difficulty absorbing nutrition from food (malabsorption syndrome)
Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of:
- heart/blood vessel disease
- kidney stones
- kidney disease
- certain immune system disorder (sarcoidosis)
- liver disease
- certain bowel diseases (Crohn's disease, Whipple's disease)
- little or no stomach acid (achlorhydria)
- low levels of bile
- untreated phosphate imbalance
Chewable tablets may contain sugar or aspartame. Caution is advised if you have diabetes, phenylketonuria (PKU), or any other condition that requires you to limit/avoid these substances in your diet. Ask your doctor or pharmacist about using this product safely.
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant before using this medication. During pregnancy, doses of vitamin D greater than the recommended dietary allowance should be used only when clearly needed. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
This medication passes into breast milk. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.