healthgal has not shared any health interests.
DRUGS I AM TAKING:
healthgal has not shared any drug information.
Amy Hendel is a popular and recognizable health/medical television correspondent, expert and health host as well as a full time columnist.
In her private Family Lifestyle Therapy practice, Ms. Hendel trains and councils patients with her own unique blend of nutrition, fitness, and psychology for the whole family. She’ll be releasing her first book with BenBella Publishers in June 2008.
Currently, she is:
* Contributor, The Today Show, NBC, Lifestyle Expert, 2007
* Westwood One Radio, National Host “Good Eating Good Living” Diabetes Hour 2007
* Contributing Health Expert to Fox Cable News – The Big Story
* Coach/Expert 2007 for iLose It for Good Community Challenge, iVillage.com
* Health and lifestyle expert/contributor to ivillage.com 2006/2007
* Producer/West Coast Health Correspondent, House Smarts/Fort Productions (NBC)
* Contributing health expert, ivillage Live on NBC
* Contributing Lifestyle Expert, Retirement Living Network, Living Live!
* NBC Health Fair onsite lifestyle expert –Washington DC and Dallas Texas 2007
* Weekly health expert – KFIS Radio – The Pete & Brenda Early Am Show
* Contributing Health Expert to CNBC/The Big Idea
* Series regular health contributor SoapTalk and NBC’s Starting Over
* Columnist, Best Body Magazine
* Host/producer of HealthZone, a national medical talk show on Time Warne
* Weekly Medical Contributor on KEYT Morning News (Santa Barbara/ABC)
* Past Contributor/Expert KESQ/Palm Springs
* Host, Lifetime's Stories on the Beach, the South Beach Diet project
* Hosted 46 episodes of Doctors On Call with Amy Hendel on KVCR/PBS
* Co-hosted Pfizer’s national educational campaign, On the Road to Pain Relief
* Guest starred as health expert on: Faking It (TLC), Starting Over (NBC), and Movie Extra (ABC Family Network)
* Was an ensemble cast member Chef Jeffrey Nathan and Friends series (KCET)
Amy Hendel began her media career as a Recurring Contributor to KCBS from 1999 to 2002 Women 2 Women, as well as on their afternoon news. There, she completed over 75 live segments. In all, Ms. Hendel has completed over 800 live and taped segments covering medical and health topics, nutrition, exercise, and lifestyle issues. Other noted appearances include: KNBC, Discovery Health, HGTV Smart Solutions, The Learning Channel, KNBC Morning and Noon News, KABC local news affiliates, EXTRA!, KTLA Evening News, and Good Day LA. She is also a print journalist and her work has appeared in the Los Angeles Times, Los Angeles Daily News. She is a quoted guest expert in Family Circle, InStyle magazine, Fit Pregnancy.
Ms. Hendel’s Master’s Level, R-PA (Registered Physician Assistant) degree follows a 4-year Bachelor of Science degree. It is comprised of a 12-month medical school didactic program, followed by 12 months in-hospital rotation program. Nine areas of medicine including surgery, internal medicine, emergency medicine, pediatrics, obstetrics, gynecology, orthopedics, pathology and two elective choices are covered with training occurring alongside intern and resident trainees. Ms. Hendel is also certified in nutrition and exercise physiology and has combined her PA degree with this background in nutrition/exercise physicology to create a private family lifestyle therapy physician-referred practice for 20 years. Ms. Hendel is currently a working on her own medical/health TV pilot and William Morris Agency is representing her book.
Amy’s new book, Fat Families Thin Families will be released by BenBella books june 2008.
healthgal has not shared any photos.