Hi i am new here. 33 yr old male :)
About 8 weeks ago i started to get pain on my lower left back. I drive about 4hrs a day to and from work and i work in an office so i thought that this was just normal back pains that it was a result of me driving too much and sitting in an office. I basically ignored the pain and just hoped that it would go away.
About 4 weeks later the back pain was still there and i noticed that i was having pain when i passed urine. The back pain was on my lower left back so it wasn't really the spine. I started to get pain when i urinate and pain when i ejaculate. I also noticed that i was getting temperature and was getting very weak during the evening. I was fine during the day but when i got home i start to feel weak with a temperature and felt very dizzy.
I decided to go to see the doctor as this never happened to me. The doctor did a Urine test and said that i had something called Urinary Tract Infection (UTI).
The doctor gave me antibiotics (I think it was called Tremothoprin not sure of the spelling). I had to take two everyday. One in the evening and one during the day for seven days. The Antibiotics really helped as i was not getting pain when passing urine.
Even though i completed the one week course of antibiotics, i was still feeling the back pain on my lower left back and the temperatures and weaknesses in the evening were still there.
I went to see the doctor again and he just gave me more antibiotics. He gave me a different one this time (Ciprofloxacin) and i took that for another week.
During the second course of the antibiotics, i didnt really see any progress in terms of the pain. I didnt have pain while passing urine but i still had the pain when i ejaculate. I also noticed that i was starting to get some pain in my testicles. This is a bit odd because the pain on the testicle is not consistent. Sometimes its the left testicle and sometiems its the right testicle.
The most worrying thing that i started to notice was that my sperm is very different. It used to be the normal white thick slimy liquid but now when i ejaculate the sperm that comes out is just water like liquid. It just looks and feels like normal urine. Its not thick at all it just looks like water.
I went to A&E and explained exactly what was happening. They decided to do some tests. They did urine, blood and some other tests. There was no sign of infection on the urine. This was cleared by the antibiotics that i took initially. Here are the results of some other tests they did and some notes from the doctor
Primary Diagnosis - Prostatitis ? (with a question mark)
CT KUD - Normal apart from some asteoseleritc tesions
Bone Scan - Hot spot chest + skull
PSA - 14.3
CRP - 29
WCC - 12.7
Rest of FBC U+E LFTS normal
Bone scan + CT KUD probably NAD
CT also shows hydrocele PSA=14.3 refer urology OPD
I dont really understand most of the above so would appreciate if someone can explain to me what they mean. I took the above notes to my doctor and he has now reffered me to a urologist and im waiting for an appointment.
It has now gone over two months since these problems started (i.e. when i started gettin the back pain). I dont get any pain while passin urine and i dont get the evening temperatures and weakness. The temperatures and evening weaknesses and headaches stopped about 4 days ago. The problem i have now is that the left lower back pain is now starting to re-appear but this time it the right lower back. My sperm is still not the normal white thick liquid. It still looks just like water. Other problems i still have is that i urinate a lot. I wake at night to urinate at least 3 times every night and i never used to do this before. I have also noticed that sometimes i get semen comes out without even having sex or when having sex it comes out before i ejaculate.
I have also noticed that when i urinate, sometimes i have to wait a few seconds for anything to come out. When it does come out sometimes i feel like it is not complete but nothing will come out. When i decide that i am done and put the guy back in my trousers i notice that some urine dribbles out. very annoying as it usually goes in my underwear!
Im sorry to provide a lot of information but i think the more information the better chance of someone knowing what exactly is wrong with me. I have a lot of questions regarding my situation. This is actually depressing and really stressing me out.
I am 33 years old and not married. I am engaged and scheduled to get married next year. I need to talk to my fiance about these problems but i need to know exactly what the problem is before i talk to her and nobody seems to know yet.
A couple of questions
- I was initially diagnosed with a Urine infection and this was cured by using antibiotics. Why have the other problems not gone away? Do you think that these other problems were caused by the urine infection or was the urine infection caused by some other problem that im not aware of (e.g. kidney)
- Why has the lower back pain moved from being pain on the left lower back to now being right lower back? Does this mean i had a problem with my left kidney and now i have a problem with my right kidney?
- What causes the sperm to be very light and not be thick? Is this because of the urine infection? is this a sign that i might have problems if i want to have a baby?
- What Causes the testicle pain and why do the pain move around between the left and right testicle?
- As i come from a family that has a history of Kidney, diabetis, heart problems i have a more chance of getting these problems than most people but should i start noticing these at 33?
- On the doctors note, they think i have prostatitis but they are not sure (thus the question mark). Do you think the symptoms i have explained are a sign of prostatitis? Is it curable and does it affect child birth?
- When they did the CT scan, they didnt ask me to drink any water. My doctor said that i should have drunk a lot of water before they did the scan. Could this mean that the CT scan result are probably wrong? The CT scan results came back that my kidneys are fine. What are the chances of these results being different if i had drunk water before the scan?
- What should i do now? One thing that i am definately doing is to stop smoking and would appreciate some more advice on what else i need to do to reduce the chance of getting these problems or at least delay it if its already too late.
I am currently waiting for an appointment with the urologist and will update you on what he says.
Thanks for listening.