My husband had his prostate removed 4.5 years ago. His PSA has been undetectable until end of Jan 2008. It then rose to 1.2 (confirmed with 2 tests). His uroligist sent him to a radioligist. We decided to wait for another PSA before undergoing radiation. The next 2 tests (30 days apart) showed declines. The April test again was undetectable. Last week (May), his PSA had risen again but only to 0.126. We have been told that once the PSA starts to climb it will continue to go up. But yet it went down before. Would something else cause this fluctuations? Do we need to start the radiation now or should we wait to see if the next PSA declines? His father died from prostate cancer, and his brother also has it as well as several males on his father's side. He is 65 years old.