- 7 Ways an Enlarged Prostate Can Affect Urination Here are seven urinary symptoms seen in men with enlarged prostate (BPH).
Natural Ways to Improve Prostate Health
A review of foods, herbs, and supplements that studies suggest may help improve prostate health.
- Support Prostate Cancer Awareness: Grow a Mustache The goal is to raise money for men's cancer – specifically prostate cancer – by growing mustaches for the month of November. But… why?
- 10 Treatment Options for Prostate Cancer Prostate cancer prognosis can have a dramatic range, from a "watchful waiting" to immediate action. The age, grade and stage of the cancer influence the treatment options, as does the overall health of the patient. Some treatment options are more successful and/or carry a greater risk of side effects than others, so the decision should be collaborative between the patient and doctor.
- What Is Prostatitis: Symptoms, Causes and Treatments Prostatitis is an inflammation of the prostate gland often caused by bacterial infection that often results in pain and burning during urination. Find out more about the two forms of prostatitis: acute and chronic.
- Scary Side Effects of Hair Loss Medication We all know the commercials for male pattern baldness. Nobody ever has to be bald again with these pills! Except, it's not always that simple. Finasteride, the active ingredient in Propecia (for hair loss) and Proscar (for enlarged prostate), carries some very serious side effects. Cue the voice-over speaking as quickly as possible, "Side effects may include..."
- The Latest Prostate Cancer Research: Winter 2013 Prostate cancer research is one of the fastest evolving fields in medicine. It seems that every day there’s a study identifying a potential new treatment, targeting a risk factor or pointing to what may be a genetic factor leading to prostate cancer. Here are some of the top studies from the past month.
- Prostate Cancer and Race Prostate cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death among men in the United States, second only to lung cancer. All men are affected by the condition, but African-American men, it turns out, have higher rates of both prostate cancer and overall death from the cancer. What does race have to do with the health of a man's prostate? Probably more than you may think.
8 reasons to love your dog
We’ve all heard stories about man’s best friend displaying random acts of kindness to humans, their fellow dogs and other animals. And they rarely cease to give us a feeling as fuzzy as a long-haired Shih Tzu.
But studies have shown that dogs can also play a serious role in the advancement of science and medicine. Here are more reasons—and science-based ones at that—to love your dog.