Amazing Awareness Contest!
Awareness. Action. Advocacy. Education.
To celebrate Arthritis Awareness Month, HealthCentral's RA Community is hosting a month-long contest. We wanted to make the contest meaningful and give it the potential to be more than just a contest.
We who live with rheumatoid arthritis have a very personal interest in efforts to increase awareness about our disease. Almost all of us find a way to educate the people around us so they understand the reality of living with rheumatoid arthritis and find ways to advocate for changes that can benefit us all.
Our goal for this year and this contest is to find ways of building bridges. Bridges between individuals, groups and communities. Bridges from all of us to elected representatives who can help us with research money and changing laws. The best way to build bridges is to tap into the community's creativity to find ways that we can do that. Do you have an idea or suggestion that others could use?
To enter our Awareness contest, answer this question:
How will you take action to build bridges and increase awareness of RA?
Your idea can be something personal, it can be creating or taking part in a bigger advocacy project or even just telling one person. Think big, think small. Think about something a person can do if they don't have a lot of energy and ideas for people who have more energy.
The end result of our contest will be a go-to list of suggestions for actions that people with a wide range of energy and ability can take to change their world.
The three best suggestions will win a prize:
- First Place Prize: $275 Visa gift card.
- Second Place Prize: $150 Visa gift card.
- Third Place Prize: $75 Visa gift card.
Our contest has some rules and we encourage you to read them in detail. The super important ones include the following:
- The contest is open to legal residents of the US who are 18 years of age or older
- You need a registered account with HealthCentral.com. If you haven't created an account already, click the Sign In button at the top of this page on the right, then click Create an Account
- Entries must be posted as a comment to this post from a registered HealthCentral.com account or they won't be considered
- One entry only
- Your entry must be 200 words or less. If your entry is over the word limit, it will be disqualified
- Contest closes at 11:59 PM May 31, 2012
All entries will be judged by Allison Tsai, Producer of the RA Community and Lene Andersen, Community Leader. Selection will be based on three criteria. First, that your entry is 200 words or less. Second, that your idea can be implemented in real life and third, the relevance and potential impact of your idea.
Winners will be announced on June 22, 2012.
Ready? Enter your idea in the comment section below!
This contest is now closed!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. and D.C., 18+. Sweepstakes begins 05/01/12 at 9:00 am ET and ends 05/31/12 at 11:59 pm ET. For Official Rules. Sponsor: Remedy Health Media 2300 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 600, Arlington, Virginia 22201.