NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND D.C., AGE 18 OR OLDER.
1. ELIGIBILITY. Remedy Health Media Rheumatoid Arthritis Comments Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry and who are registered members of HealthCentral.com a part of Remedy Health Media (“Sponsor”). Void in Puerto Rico and all other U.S. territories and wherever prohibited by law. Individuals who have won or received prizes in connection with promotions sponsored by Sponsor within the 90 days preceding the commencement date of this Contest are not eligible. Employees Sponsor, its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and such employees’ immediate family and household members, are not eligible. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which are final in all respects. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
2. TIMING. The Contest begins at 9:00 a.m. EST on May 1, 2012 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on May 31, 2012 (the “Contest Period”). Entry times will be determined using Sponsor’s computer, which will be the official clock for the Contest.
3. TO ENTER. Visit the Contest page located at http://www.healthcentral.com/rheumatoid-arthritis/contest.htm (the “Website”) during the Contest Period and post an answer to the Contest page on the Website. Answers must be 200 words or less. LIMIT: One entry per person/account. A registered account with HealthCentral is necessary to enter. Entrants must be logged into their HealthCentral account when posting their entry, otherwise the entry will be void. Entries must be received by the end of the Contest Period. If a duplicate entry is received by more than one account, the first account to make the entry will be deemed the entrant, and all duplicate entries will be void. In the event of a dispute over who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account identified with the HealthCentral account that posted the entry. The authorized account holder is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider, or online organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
4. SELECTION OF WINNERS AND JUDGING CRITERIA. Sponsor shall select a First Place Prize, Second Place Prize and Third Place Prize winner from all eligible entries received. Winners will be announced by Sponsor on or about June 22, 2012. Winners will be chosen based on their response to the Contest question based on the following criteria: (i) adherence to word limit and form of submission; (ii) demonstration of a potentially real-life action; and (iii) relevance and potential impact of described action.
5. NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS. The potential winners will be notified by e-mail using the contact information associated with entrant’s HealthCentral account. Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received. If a potential winner cannot be reached within forty-eight (48) hours of initial notification attempt, he or she may be disqualified and the prize awarded to an alternate winner. Potential winner is subject to verification. Potential winner may be required to complete and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability, and, if legally permissible, a Publicity Release within 10 days of attempted delivery of same. If a potential winner is a minor under the laws of his/her state of residency, prize may be awarded in the name of the winner's parent or legal guardian, who must complete any required Affidavit/Release forms. If any attempted notification or prize delivery is returned as undeliverable, or if the potential winner fails to complete and return any required affidavit or release within the specified time period, the potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. The winner may be required to produce government-issued identification.
• One (1) First Place Prize consisting of a $275 Visa gift card.
• One (1) Second Place Prize consisting of a $150 Visa gift card.
• One (1) Third Place Prize consisting of a $75 Visa gift card.
Gift cards are subject to all terms and restrictions of the company issuing the gift card. Prizes consist of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize. All expenses and costs associated with the acceptance or use of the prize that are not expressly specified in these Official Rules as being part of the prize are the responsibility solely of the winner. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the prizes is: $500. Prize will be awarded if properly claimed. All federal, state and local taxes on prize value are the sole responsibility of the winner. An IRS form 1099 will be issued if required by law. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of right to receive prize permitted, except at the discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if for any reason a prize should become unavailable.
7. RELEASE AND PUBLICITY. By accepting prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors and agents, and each of their directors, officers, employees and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all claims and liability arising out of participation in the Contest or use or misuse or redemption of prize, including but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Contest or use or redemption of any prize. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents and licensees to use winner's name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of any Contest-related materials, the administration of the Contest or the announcement of any prize. Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, lost, late, damaged, illegible, delayed, corrupted or misdirected e-mail or entries, or for any technical problems, malfunctions of any telephone lines, computer systems, servers, providers, hardware or software, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission, loss of data or entry information, or any other human or technical errors of any kind, or any combination of any of the foregoing. Sponsor is not responsible for undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user's Internet service provider and/or e-mail client or for insufficient space in user's e-mail account to receive e-mail. Sponsor is not responsible for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in or accessing or downloading information in connection with this promotion.
9. GENERAL TERMS. In no event will more than the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules be awarded. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like methods of participation will void all such submissions by such methods. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend this Contest should a virus, bugs, entrant fraud or misconduct, or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, integrity, security or proper operation of the Contest. In the event of early termination of the Contest, a notice will be posted on-line and a selection of the winners will be conducted from among all eligible entries received prior to the time of termination. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. All entries become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. In the event that Sponsor receives an insufficient number of entries that it deems to be acceptable, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, select less than three winners or terminate the Contest without choosing winners. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
10. WINNERS LIST: The names of the user names of the winners will be posted on the Website on or about June 22, 2012 or send a self-addressed envelope to Sponsor at the address below attention: “Rheumatoid Arthritis Comments Contest Winner Request”. Requests must be received by October 31, 2012.
11. SPONSOR: Remedy Health Media, 2300 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 600, Arlington, Virginia 22201.
Copyright © 2012 Remedy Health Media. All rights reserved. All brands listed are the trademarks of their respective owners and are not trademarks of Remedy Health Media.
Published On: April 30, 2012