Monday, May 31, 2010 Bob Smith, Community Member, asks

Q: insurance for RA people

I am 62, have had RA for about 6 years.  It is well under control with methotrexate and Enbril.

I am going to retire soon and will be elligible for COBRA for a while. 

Are there Health plans that will take someone with RA?

I live in Oregon and they have a high risk pool insurance plan that is pretty pricey but I wonder if there are options.

Any ideas?



Bob Smith

Springfield, OR

Answer This
Answers (1)
Lene Andersen, Health Guide
6/ 2/10 12:44pm

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about insurance, but I can refer you to a couple of posts we have, what to do when you don't have insurance (just in case) and the other about the various funding programs available for RA meds.


I'd also recommend that you try asking your question again in a SharePost - they often get more traffic than the individual questions in the Q&A section, so there's a better chance that someone in our community will see it and be able to answer.


Answer This

We hope you find this general health information helpful. Please note however, that this Q&A is meant to support not replace the professional medical advice you receive from your doctor. No information in the Answers above is intended to diagnose or treat any condition. The views expressed in the Answers above belong to the individuals who posted them and do not necessarily reflect the views of Remedy Health Media. Remedy Health Media does not review or edit content posted by our community members, but reserves the right to remove any material it deems inappropriate.

By Bob Smith, Community Member— Last Modified: 05/03/14, First Published: 05/31/10