• Connie Connie
    September 30, 2008
    Is nabumetone 750mg , Naproxen 500mg good for RA it doesn't seem to help my pain.
    Connie Connie
    September 30, 2008

    Hi my name is Connie I 've had RA for 15+ years, I just turned 54 and it seems like the older I get the more pain I'm in. Each year another part of my body gives into RA. First my hands,they upper and lower back, my knees, feet: heel, & top of feet, & now the Lower palvic area,To the point it hurts to walk to the bathroom. My doctor just smiles and gives me refills I tell him how I feel and he says ok but doesn't do anything more for my pain or even give me blood test or renew x-rays. I cant afford to go anywhere else. I also have Epilipsy taking Dilantin 400mg sometimes 500mg. mostly depending on weather, I live in So,Cal. desert area over 90's ~100's most days.  I was taking many other meds but I stop, just can't afford them any longer. I wounder if I'm on the right meds for RA. and if what I have is Epilipsy, I have been to testing I don't think they have ever found anyting, but I do have episodes of some kind of sezures like thing, I have read up on this and doesn't sound like anything I have or do. Anyways if I can get somekind of answers to this, It would be appreciated, Was taking:Omeprazole DR 20mg, + Dical-D105-120mg too. thanks.



  • Lene  Andersen
    Health Guide
    October 07, 2008
    Lene  Andersen
    Health Guide
    September 30, 2008

    I can't emphasize this enough: you need to get another doctor. The fact that your doctor doesn't listen to you and just mindlessly keeps giving you more anti-inflammatories why your body is increasingly damaged by RA is unbelievable. When you have RA, you need regular blood work, at minimum. Anti-inflammatory medications like the ones you are on just control the symptoms, they don't do anything about suppressing the disease - there are all kinds of medications that can do that and I am stunned that your doctor isn't talking to you about these options. Is this your family doctor or a rheumatologist? I'm assuming it's your family doctor, as I don't think a rheumatologist would be this negligent - get him to refer you to refer you to a rheumatologist. However, as you said, there is the issue of money.


    Are you working or are you on social assistance? In your case, it may actually be better for you if you received social assistance - if your RA affects you enough that you can't work, you will qualify for welfare due to your disability and for Medicaid, which will pay for your drugs and doctors. You need a rheumatologist, you need good medication for your RA, you need help. Many of the pharmaceutical companies provide patient assistance programs for e.g., the biologic drugs that help people like you get the treatment they need. You can find a list of the programs and the contact information for them here. However, in order to access these programs, you probably will need a rheumatologist. Try calling them anyway - they are specifically set up for people who don't have a lot of money and might therefore be able to point you in the right direction so you can get the medical assistance you need.


    Good luck! Please let us know how it goes.



You should know Answers to your question are meant to provide general health information but should not replace medical advice you receive from a doctor. No answers should be viewed as a diagnosis or recommended treatment for a condition. Content posted by community members does not necessarily reflect the views of Remedy Health Media, which also reserves the right to remove material deemed inappropriate.